Job Description Views : 566
The USAID/Nepal-funded KISAN II project is improving food security in twenty-one Hill and Terai districts in Province5, Bagmati, Karnali, and Sudur Paschim Provinces.The purpose of the project is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. KISAN Il will help lead firms, input suppliers, and private actors to catalyze agricultural productivity, competitive market systems, access to finance, stronger policy and enabling environment, and business and literacy skills for farming households.
KISAN II invites application from eligible and interested Nepalese citizens for the following position:
POSITION: Enabling Environment Director
EDUCATION: Masterâ€™s degree in relevant field, PhD preferred.
DESCRIPTION: KISAN Il aims to strengthen the enabling environment for agriculture growth and competitiveness. The project supports public-private sector collaboration to align with the Government of Nepal (GON) policies, regulations, administrative procedures, and investment strategies to support this objective. The Enabling Environment Director will provide overall technical leadership, strategy, and managerial direction to policy activities.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with the Government of Nepal and the private
- sector to improve the enabling environment related to agriculture
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with fluency in both English and Nepali required
- Ability to handle fast-paced, multi-faceted workload
- Ability to translate policy into action
For detailed ToR, kindly refer below:
- Work with private sector, GON, and USAID to identify, assess, and prioritize system-level enabling environment barriers to agriculture competitiveness. Barriers that need to be addressed may exist at the municipality, provincial and/or national levels. For example, barriers may be related to food safety standards, grading, storage and warehousing, rural infrastructure management, finance, intuitional capacity etc.
- With input from the private sector, GON, and USAID, provide support for enabling environment issues that are high priority to KISAN II stakeholders. Activities will include developing a clear policy road map for each issue, identifying key milestones to be achieved, identifying partners at the firm, industry, government and donor levels, and describing assessments that will need to be undertaken by the project to inform stakeholders.
- Assess the advocacy capacity of private sector industry associations and identify capacity building needs that will strengthen their capacity to inform government priorities and investments in the agriculture sector.
- Foster strong relationships with GON counterparts at the municipal, provincial and national levels. Work with them to evaluate capacity gaps and identify areas where KISAN II assistance is needed. This should be a participatory process and focus on how GON can facilitate private-sector-led agriculture growth.
- Facilitate donor coordination efforts related to policy, identifying areas where KISAN II can leverage efforts of other donor programs to avoid unnecessary duplication of efforts.
- Supervise Senior Policy and Program Advisor
Applicants must submit a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants shall reference the position they are applying for in the email subject line. The closing date for applications is August 08, 2020.
Location : Kathmandu , Kathmandu
Experience Level : Senoir Level
Offered Salary : Negotiable
Apply Before : 2020-Aug-08